Ivan Zolochevsky, CEO of AltaClub, sums up our results for the first half of 2021, which may be useful not only to our members but to all venture capitalists and business angels.Historical background
Let me tell you a little bit about the history of AltaClub. Launched in 2015, today it has more than 1,000 members. Who are these people? The club’s main target audience are family offices, investment directors at leading legacy businesses, top managers of major companies, start-up business angels and investors with extensive experience.
During the club's existence, we’ve invested in more than 150 businesses and made 60 exits from startups at various stages. The opportunity to exit a company is one of our club's main advantages, which sets it apart from many others.
As far as our investment focus, we have a long-standing strategy to invest in Productivity Tools, Direct-to-Consumer, InsurTech, Digital Health, and FinTech. We've recently added new areas as well - PropTech and HR Tech. These industries duplicate the technology focus of AltaIR Capital.Main results
The number of deals this year may set a record. The club did 37 deals in the first half of this year, setting ourselves on track to beat last year’s number of 47.
Here are a few of the startups that the club has supported:
- Lili - an early access direct deposit service.
- June Homes - a rental platform for housing in major U.S. cities.
- OpenWeb - an online media community building platform.
- EquityBee - a marketplace for purchasing options.
- Deel - freelancer payroll platform.
- Sunbit - consumer lending in the services industry according to the "Buy now, pay later" model.
We hope that these projects will soon be successful. Already, Sunbit and Deel have attained unicorn status! Along with the increase in deals, the value of club members' portfolios has also increased. As of July 2021, it was $230 million; last December it was $150 million. Pipeline horizon
We are determined to grow. AltaClub invests in conjunction with AltaIR Capital, and as our funnel grows rapidly, so does the number of new projects. Be certain that our portfolio will find a project for all club members.
Finally, let me tell you about the newcomers in our pipeline of projects:
- Prodly customizes technically complex processes of SaaS ecosystems by using NoCode tools. It helps a person without knowledge in development to set up a system according to the needed criteria.
- Bairro is an express grocery delivery service in Portugal; just 15 minutes from the supermarket to your home.
- Karma is a smart personal assistant for online shopping, helping to find bargains, create a list of favorite products from more than 15,000 stores, track prices and availability in real time.
Follow our news on social media - Facebook
, and our Telegram channel
. See you soon!